Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Question about Saw Palmetto on Bentrider Online


Originally Posted by MikeB

Howard,
Do you take plain Saw Palmetto or one of the blends with Stinging Nettle and Lycopene? I take "Now" brand and have been VERY pleased with the results. Like the G&C I go off periodically to see if I still need it, and I always do.
Plain Saw Palmetto is cheap and I've pondered trying it, but I really like to sleep through the night!


My answer:

I use Prostate 5lx by New Chapter. It is a formulation with selenium, green tea, organic pumpkin seed oil, ginger, stinging nettle, and rosemary.

This works great for me. I saw a Urologist when my enlarged prostate started causing problems. He prescribed Flomax, which I took for two weeks and quit due to side effects. I asked both my Internist and Urologist about Saw Palmetto. Neither recommended it. I found a paper from the Cleveland Clinic on the web that stated that Saw Palmetto was clinically effective.

I have been very happy with the results. Most nights I sleep through. Once in awhile I'll have to go once at 4 am or so. No side effects except I recommended Prostate 5lx to a friend who had stomach upset. This disappeared when he started taking it with meals.

I take two capsules with breakfast.

No comments: