Thursday, December 25, 2008

High Nutrition Food Diary – December 25, 2008

I am so happy with the results of my high nutrition eating program that I am going to post logs of representative days. This will allow others to see what being a nutritarian is all about. But, first I will reiterate the benefits:

  • Weight returned to normal (175 pounds for me) and hasn't varied more than a pound of two for over a year.
  • I can wear clothes that I haven't worn for 20 years.
  • Cholesterol has dropped to a healthy level.
  • Arrhythmias have completely stopped.
  • I feel great most of the time. No negative feelings after completing a meal.
  • I sleep much better and longer.

Okay, here is my first eating log post.

Breakfast

My Oatmeal Concoction

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup water

½ cup cranberry juice

1 sliced fresh pear

6 dates chopped

Dash of cinnamon (to taste)

Dash of nutmeg (to taste)

3 ounces of chopped baby spinach


 

Preparation:

Put pear, dates and spinach in bottom of a large cereal bowl

Cover with rolled oats

Sprinkle on cinnamon and nutmeg

Pour water and juice over oatmeal

Mix gently with a spoon

Put in microwave on high for 3- 4 minutes depending on your microwave until smooth and creamy

Let sit for 5 minutes

Enjoy – delicious

Lunch

Large bowl of homemade vegetable bean soup (no salt) seasoned with Fuhrman's Vegizest (DHA Purity added to the soup)

Large chopped salad with mixed salad greens, baby carrots, and ½ cup of unsalted black beans, 1tbsp of ground flax seeds sprinkled over the salad

NOTE: Some people may prefer to not use DHA Purity and ground flax seeds in this way. It does change the flavor of the dishes.


 

Snack

Two handfuls of trail mix (raw nuts, seeds, raisins and dates)


 

Dinner at Japanese Buffet Restaurant

12 pieces of veggie sushi with a tiny bit of wasabi on each piece (no soy sauce)

Small seaweed salad

Small bowl of salt free edamane

6 pieces of steamed asparagus

4 orange slices

4 cantaloupe slices


 


 


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

kneecap said...

wow, that's a lot of dates in your oatmeal. I like the idea of adding spinach to it. I'll try that.

are you worried that the seaweed salad had too much salt in it?

cheers,
-barb

Howard Veit said...

Barb,

I don't think the seaweed salad has salt. Sometimes they add soy sauce, but I ask them not to do that.

I eat lots of dates.

The spinach adds a real nice touch to the oatmeal

Howard Veit said...

Actually, it is more like 4-6 dates.