Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Whole Foods Plant-Based Nutrition and Your Health

A couple of years ago I lead a seminar on plant-based nutrition with a local group of about 2 dozen participants.  Today, I updated this presentation and converted it to a format that I could share on this blog.  The presentation provides an overview of my thinking about plant-based eating styles.  It is based on the collective work of several experts --  Joel Fuhrman, M.D., Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D., John McDougall, M.D., T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. and others.  In addition to providing the fundamentals of a plant-based diet, it also includes a short personal journey.  As a vegetarian for over 25 years, I took the next step toward this eating style in 2007.  Since then, I have become a student and advocate of this way of eating.

To view the presentation click HERE.

Or, view it below:





No comments: