Saturday, January 24, 2009

High Nutrition Diary

My wife went shopping today for my Fuhrman Anticancer Soup fixings. While she was checking out at the grocery store the clerk scanned the six pounds of carrots and asked, "Do you have a horse?" My wife said, no it is for my husband.

Breakfast

Green Smoothie
1/2 fresh pommello
1 medium banana
1 ML DHA Purity
1 TSBP ground flax seeds
5 oz organic baby spinach
4 dates
3 ice cubes
1/4 cup organic almond milk
Blend ingredients in Vitamix until smooth and creamy

Lunch

Spinach and Black Bean Salad
1 cup black beans (low salt)
3 oz organic baby spinach
1 bell tomato sliced and part diced
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp Fuhrman Black Fig Vinegar

Put beans, sliced tomatoes, broccoli, and spinach in a large salad bowl
Blend the diced tomatoes, almond butter and vinegar in Vitamix
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well

Dinner

Pasta with spicey tomato sauce and olives
Delicious!

3 comments:

kneecap said...

haha, fortunately my co-op has 5 lb bags of carrots so no questions get asked.

Howard Veit said...

Do you know a fast and easy way to clean carrots? That's a pain. It took me about 20 minutes to prepare the carrots for juicing.

kneecap said...

I don't do much at all, just wash and cut off the back end. I get organic so don't worry about juicing the peels.