Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Workout 20 - Rollerblading

I tried rollerblading for the first time in over 5 years. I was cleaning my trike and while rummaging through one of the closets in the garage, came upon my rollerblades. These are high quality 5 wheel racing blades. I used to blade all over Longboat Key, which is flat, with smooth pavement...ideal for blading.

I was really unsteady at first needing to regain my blading legs and balance. When I went down one very shallow decline in the pavement I lost my balance and ended up falling, hitting my side, head and left hand on the pavement. Nothing serious, but my hand is sore, as is my left rib cage. That'll teach me.

After I got up, I continued on for another 45 minutes or so staying clear of traffic. Towards the end I was starting to feel comfortable on the rollerblades, but it will take me several sessions before I am back to my previous form.

No comments: