Friday, April 10, 2009

High Nutrition Diary

From CRON-O-METER:
Nutrition Summary
Detail

I took a rest day from bike training. For breakfast (10 am) I had a fruit and vegetable smoothie made with oranges, blueberries, a banana, and some dates. I added spinach, broccoli and baby carrots plus DHA Purity and ground flax seeds. I left out the ground seeds and nuts today. I don't taste them in the smoothie and they just add fat. I'll eat some nuts and seeds later in the day when I can enjoy the taste. The seed mix tastes good on oatmeal.

I ate again at 4 pm and had a small bowl of mixed beans (pintos, kidney and garbanzo mixed with a little steamed brown rice). For dinner we had Potato and Corn Soup and a whole wheat naan (Indian flat bread). For dessert I had some raw oats and hot water with frozen blueberries, chopped dates and sliced banana. Finished eating about 8:30 pm. I find that when I don't eat for a couple of hours before going to bed, I sleep better and feel better upon waking the next morning.

I like to let 12-14 hours pass between dinner and breakfast the next day. After breakfast I don't eat (or snack minimally) for 5-6 hours until dinner. This regimen allows 17 - 20 hours per day to rest my digestive system. When I train on the bike, I do snack on fruit and a special trail mix I have concocted.

See the links above for nutrition data.

No comments: