Monday, December 30, 2019

Smoothies Have Become a Mainstay of my Nutrition



In recent years I have gravitated to eating smoothies on a regular basis as my first meal of the day.  

I love smoothies for several reasons.  For one thing I can pack lots of nutrition into one meal.  My typical smoothie has lots of greens, kale, spinach arugula, romaine, etc.  I also add fruits,  nutrition powder like Garden Life Raw Meal, flax seeds, chia seeds and either almond milk or coconut water.  Here is a typical recipe:

1 cup Coconut Water and 1 cup of nonsweet Almond Milk,  4 cups of  organic Spring Mix leafy greens,  2 Tbsp mixed seeds (ground Flax, Chia  and Hemp), 2 Brazil nuts, 4 Dates 1 Banana 1 scoop Garden of Life Sport protein, 1.5 cups mixed frozen berries, a little Frozen broccoli.

I use a Vitamix 5200 for most of my smoothies.  Recently, I have also added a smaller blender’, the Tribest Personal Blender.  I can quickly put together a 16 oz smoothie, with much less cleanup compared to the Vitamix.



Sometimes, I also like oatmeal smoothies for my am smoothie.  Here is the typical recipe:


Ingredients
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats or quick oats.
1 banana
1 cup unsweetened almond milk.
1.5 tablespoon creamy peanut butter.
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup — plus additional to taste.
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds 



No comments: