Wednesday, January 28, 2009

High Nutrition Diary

Breakfast

Tropical Green Smoothie – 9:00 am



Lunch

Fuhrman's Anti-Cancer Soup over turnip greens

In a large soup bowl I put about 3 oz of turnip greens
I ladeled some soup over the greens and mixed
Put in microwave for 5 minutes

This was better than I thought. The soup, which has a sweet carrot/celery juice base, softened the flavor of the turnip greens. The resultant mixture was quite good.

I am amazed at how delicious basic vegetables are once you develop the taste and get the hang of cooking. I have a long ways to go as a cook, but the journey is fun.

1 comment:

kneecap said...

One thing I like about the Fuhrman soups is that they are so sweet and flavorful, that in a way they are too rich on their own, but they are great over greens or vegetables.