Wednesday, January 14, 2009

High Nutrition Diary

I headed to the airport this morning to start a two day business trip. It will be fun to see if I can stay on program. Having dinner tonight at client's home and he is doing all the cooking. He is somewhat aware of my eating habits, but.....

Breakfast
Green Smoothie
2 small oranges
1 medium banana
1 cup mixed berries (frozen)
1 ml of DHA Purity
1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
5 dates
3 ice cubes
5 oz organic baby spinach

Put all ingredients in the Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy

Lunch
1 medium apple and some raw trail mix at the airport in Baltimore
Another apple and trail mix on the drive from airport

After checking in I went to the grocery store nearby. I got some raw vegetables, a couple of oranges and some salad greens, plus some cherries. I also bought some canned corn (low salt) and a can opener. The canned corn was the only low salt canned vegetable in the store. This will be my breakfast and probably my dinner tomorrow night, and possibly my breakfast on Friday before getting back on the plane back to Atlanta. I'll have to get through lunch at my client's home tomorrow noon, but after that I am in pretty good shape.

Dinner

Well I didn't do so good tonight. My client cooked dinner for us and there were not any choices for me. Rather than not eat I did the best I could.

1 slice of cheeseless pizza. I asked him to make some without cheese, which he did. The sauce on the pizza was tomato sauce, with a little olive oil and salt.

Pasta with maranara sauce (the pasta was not whole wheat and the sauce had olive oil and salt. It was good.

A little salad that came with a dressing that I am sure was way off program.

Oh well, straying once in a great while is okay, I guess.

No comments: