Saturday, April 18, 2009

Workout 69 - bike - 31 miles




Today was beautiful with a light wind and clear skies. Temps were in the 70's. I rode from home to the end of Anna Maria Island and back. See the attached map. My total time was 2 hours covering a distance of 31.18 miles. My speed would have been much faster except for the traffic around Bradenton Beach that I went through going and coming. There was also quite a bit of traffic in Anna Maria and it was slow going crossing the bridge. Nevertheless, a great ride.

2 comments:

kneecap said...

nice pace even with the traffic. You can probably guess that I'm slow, even slower now that I've got interested in bird watching.

Howard Veit said...

Mostly I don't worry about speed, but I have a new bike. For the first several rides I'll be pushing to see how fast I am on it. Then I'll mostly smell the roses.